The wine tradition of the Russo family has been handed down from father to son until today. Towards the end of 1800, the great-great-grandfather Vincenzo Russo, together with his family, dedicated himself to the cultivation of his own vineyards located in the area of Solicchiata, Municipality of Castiglione di Sicilia at about 700 m/asl on the north-eastern side of Etna. In 1955, Francesco and Vincenzo, respectively the son and grandson of the great-grandfather Vincenzo, decided to bottle the wine produced by the family vineyards creating a small winery. The first wine was called Solicchiata and it was 1956; the D.O.C. Etna certification was recognized in 1968, the same year in which the brand changed its name to Rusvini until it reached the current brand that is Cantine Russo. Today the fourth generation is represented by Gina and Francesco Russo who, together with their father Vincenzo, manage the historical family business.